Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Güncel Haberler

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation | Full Review & Swatches

Swatches / L - 'Fiji' | R - 'Punjab'

Nars Sheer Glow foundation has fast become one of the most talked about 'high end' foundations amongst bloggers and beauty fans of late.  I think I'll just take this moment to commend myself at how long I managed to refrain from purchasing (pat on the back, Beth) - I certainly didn't take the decision to part with £30.50 lightly! I spent hours scouring the interwebs for reviews, shade descriptions and good and bad opinions until I eventually decided to just bite the bullet and go and get myself matched.  I shall apologise now - this post isn't going to be the snappiest review in the world but I wanted to provide a more in depth product overview and list all the vital information I personally wanted to know before I purchased.  However, I shall waste no time in telling you that it is without a doubt one of the best foundations I have ever bought - I genuinely do love Sheer Glow - but I did have to give it a second chance.  Let me explain...

I actually had a sample pot of this a good few months back.  I had amazingly sky-high hopes for it after reading many a rave review but was left feeling a little bit 'befuzzled' (is that even a word? It is now...) It looked awful on me - I immediately took it off with a face wipe and reapplied my trusty YSL Touche Eclat - I forgot about it and that was that. Skip forward a few months and I'd read an influx of amazing blog reviews that had left me wondering 'what am I missing out on?' - maybe I'd just applied it on a bad day? I had my graduation coming up, was obviously going to be having professional photographs taken and I wanted a long lasting, flawless effect foundation with no SPF (Nars Sheer Glow doesn't contain any at all).  I spent about 3 or 4 weeks thoroughly researching everything (detective Beth) and decided it was time to give it another go. First impressions aren't always right, after all.  I tottled into Space NK, was matched up to 'Light 5 - Fiji' (which I'd already picked out from online swatches, how's that for research?!) and left feeling completely content with my purchase.  I applied it as soon as I got home and was amazed at the results.  It looked flawless! Far better than it did previously when I'd tried it - almost like a completely different foundation! It didn't look cakey or dry or orange in any way - it appeared just like my skin - but better! I have no idea why it didn't mesh well with my skin from the sample pot - my only explanation was that it has dried up slightly as there wasn't much in there and I didn't get a true representation of what Nars Sheer Glow had to offer.

I used it more or less every day up until my graduation, so that I could get used to applying it the best way and learn which moisturiser worked more effectively underneath it.  One of the things I really have to highlight about Sheer Glow is that it is by no means a dewy foundation as the name would suggest.  It's actually got more of a satin, almost matte finish which provides a slight hint of a 'glow' to the skin so it still appears natural and maintains a bit of dimension.  It definitely has that 'lit from within; look.  However, it will cling to the slighest dry patch you have without fail. I have combination skin so have to make sure I really do exfoliate regularly and use a rich moisturiser on my forehead and outer cheeks (my dry areas) before application to ensure this doesn't happen.  Application is a dream - I actually find it best to use my Real Techniques Buffing brush to buff and smooth it onto the skin, and it instantly smooths out any uneven pigmentation, red areas or blemishes.  It provides the effect of a medium-full coverage but without the whole 'heavy sticky' sort of feel.  Wear time is amazing - I can get a full day at uni out of this with little need to touch-up with powder or concealer throughout the day and sometimes I can get away without powdering at all.  It also photographs beautifully - not a hint of flashback or 'oilyness' and for the first time ever I had no hint of 'ghost face' in my photos whatsoever.  Thumbs up for not looking like Caspar!

Like most people mention, the only slight downside is the fact that it doesn't come with a pump. The glass bottle and sleek Nars packaging are undeniably beautiful but it can get a little messy quite quickly if you're the clumsy type and it's easy to pour out too much - which is why I went on Space NK's waiting list for a Nars Foundation Pump (yep, that's right, waiting list!!) It cost £4 and came packaged in its own little Nars box (which actually made me quite happy - how cute does the little box look?!) and does the job perfectly well. The only problem is, once you apply the pump to the bottle, it makes popping the lid on impossible so if you're the type to carry your foundation around with you, I'd suggest just doing without it unless you fancy seeing the contents of your bag swimming in foundation.  Slight negative aside, I really do love this foundation.  Fiji is just the perfect shade for me and it's yellow undertones match my skin amazingly well (worth mentioning that Nars foundations are predominently yellow based) - in fact, I have to admit it's probably the best match I've ever found in a foundation.  You may be wondering then, why I have two bottles? Simple answer - Punjab suits me better if I have a little bit of fake tan on.  There's actually not a lot of difference between the two but it's a tad darker and ever so slightly peachier - worth baring in mind if you have the same skintone as me but wear fake tan on a regular basis.  I personally don't wear much on my face through winter unless I'm going out so for now, Fiji is my 'everyday' shade and 'Punjab' is purely a 'night on the tiles' shade,  To say I've swiftly gone out and bought another shade speaks volumes for my love for Sheer Glow!  Whatever your skintone, you're bound to find the right one for you - there's 20 shades (I believe?) ranging from pale to dark and everything inbetween. Maybe one of the best colour ranges I've seen. It's also worth mentioning that I usually HATE medium/fuller coverage foundations, but this one has changed my opinion and swayed me.  It has that flawless effect without feeling like it's clogging up your pores and it looks lovely and natural - no cake face in sight. It's actually one of the only foundations I've tried that seems to mimic the texture of skin.

I thought I'd sum it up for you if you're considering buying the infamous Sheer Glow but didn't fancy reading all of my dribble...

The Stats:
My Shade: Light 5 'Fiji' (every day) / Medium 1 'Punjab' (with a touch of fake tan)
Fiji = Light with yellow undertone | Punjab = Medium with golden, peachy undertones
Cost: £30.50
Coverage: Medium to full (in my opinion)
Finish: Satin - naturally radiant
I apply with: Real Techniques Buffing Brush

Pros: 
- Even, flawless coverage
- No SPF was a 'pro' for me as it's great for flash photography - a great 'going out' foundation - no flashback.
- Provides a slight glow/sheen to the skin without looking oily or greasy
- Works well with my combination skin
- Covers up my blemishes with ease
- Only 2 pumps needed for the entire face - it will last a good while!
- Fabulous shade range
- Lasts all day.
- The glass bottle and Nars packaging pleases me. 
- Doesn't seem to oxidise on me
- Predominently yellow toned range suits my skin  (personal 'pro point' - if I was any more yellow I'd be a Simpson!)

Cons:
-Can cling to dry patches. If you have dry skin or any dry patches whatsoever - take heed! If you've forgotten to moisturise it will look awful! Prepare for a love/hate relationship at first until you find your 'routine' with it.
- No pump 
- Some would say price - but I think it's worth the money.  
- If you live in sunnier climes (lucky you) bare in mind that the lack of SPF might not be the best choice for daytime wear.



Overall - I love it.  I'm so glad I gave it a second chance and didn't settle for my opinion on the tester pot.  It gives a naturally radiant finish that looks like skin and feels lightweight, at the same time as giving a brightening effect - perfect if I'm feeling a little tired and worse for wear!  I've had so many comments on my skin since wearing this - and it gives me a little boost of a morning.  I just look forward to applying it and for me, that's what makes a great foundation. Nars Sheer Glow? I COULD KISS YOU! You can find the range on their website here complete with shade descriptions, and it is also available at Space NK, ASOS and John Lewis - to name a few!

Have you tried Sheer Glow? What were your thoughts?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar

Yorumlar