Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Güncel Haberler

Warm Up With A Look Into 1950's Fall Fashion

Last night while it was storming outside, I was cuddled under a blanket next to a warm fire. Sipping my hot tea, I found myself daydreaming about what kind of fall clothing and fabrics I should be purchasing this season to keep myself warm yet fashionable. I envisioned myself in houndstooth hats and matching gloves, rich brown and olive plaids, sex kitten cashmere sweaters, and vintage furs.  I love this time of year!

With Thanksgiving quickly on its way, and many states in the US already receiving snow.. Fall is definitely here, and winter right around the corner! I needed to get down to business, and start my vintage fall fashion hunting!

1955 Charcoal Grey Suit

Here's some advice for vintage fall fashion hunting. When searching for 1950's suits and jackets, look for patterns on fabrics, the fabrics most commonly used were: wool, cotton, pique, pongee, organdy, and cotton broadcloth.
Bright tweeds, deep bold paisley patterns, plaids and striped woolens were also favored patterns in the 50's.
Pairing a tweed skirt with a classic tailored silk, satin, or cotton blouse and a matching brooch was very chic!
Evening jackets that were made from cashmere, and lambs wool, were often lined with American sable, fox, mink, and leopard furs.  Fur stoles and coats were also staple pieces in every woman's closet.

Below I have posted some stunning 1950's fall fashion photos. These models are glamorous, feminine, and classic in their fashionable fall suits and dresses. I hope they inspire you!


1950's French Vogue Cover
































Henry Rosenfeld Suits 1950's





Dior "New Look" 1950's








Elle Magazine 1953


















Suzy Parker (in Dior) Paris 1956






Suzy Parker (in Dior) Paris 1956











Lilli Ann Suit Ad 1950's




Happy Shopping!
xoxo 
Shanna

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar

Yorumlar